1995 Brownie Guide Badge Book - Pack Holiday Badge Advanced Badge
* Before you take this badge you must have been on one or more Pack Holidays and have spent a total of four or more nights away with your Pack.
* The tester should hold a Pack Holiday Licence.
1) Bring a letter to the test from the Guider-in-Charge of your last Pack Holiday saying that you:
a) took part in planning the Pack Holiday (that is, helped to decide on a theme for the holiday, the games to be played and the food to e eaten, prepared charts, wrote a poem or prayer, and took part in other activities).
b) kept your own belongings neat and tidy.
c) helped your Six with the following: serving meals and clearing up afterwards; washing, drying and putting away the dishes and cutlery; keeping the area around the Pack Holiday site clean and tidy; preparing and cooking meals; and planning and taking part in prayers.
2) Bring to the test any charts or posters you made before or during the Pack Holiday, and anything you made on Pack Holiday to take home.
3) a) Tell the tester what you did on Pack Holiday. You could tell her what you cooked, cleaned, sang and so on.
b) Know the Country Code. Explain how you have helped to protect the water, trees, flowers and other living things around the Pack Holiday site.
c) Know the Green Cross Code and tell the tester how you kept this whilst on Pack Holiday.
d) Know how to keep the Pack Holiday site safe.
e) Know how to keep yourself fit and healthy.
4) Bring your own souvenirs of the Pack Holiday to the test. Perhaps you have photographs, craft items, a diary, or things you collected to remind you of where you were and what you did. Talk to the tester about them.
2019 (July) Badge Finder - Brownie Holiday Advanced
1. Do both of the following.
- Spend at least four nights on Brownie holiday.
- Make a display showing your favourite things about Brownie holiday.
2. Help organise an activity with your Brownie friends on holiday.
3. Tell a Brownie who has never been on holiday what holiday life is like. Help her learn the following holiday skills.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals on holiday.
- Wash up and clear away after a meal.
- Keep the holiday house safe and tidy.
- Make a bed and keep belongings tidy.
4. On holiday, help another Brownie make something to remind her of the holiday, or show her how to keep a holiday diary.
5. Help plan the holiday, including:
- Choosing the theme or reason for going.
- Suggesting activities, games and places to visit.
- Planning meals and menus.
6. Do all of the following.
- Know how to keep safe when you are out and about on Brownie holiday.
- Know how to keep the holiday house safe.
- Know the Countryside Code, the Green Cross Code and the Water Safety Code.