1995 Brownie Guide Badge Book - Musician Badge Stage 1
1) Play or sing two contrasting pieces.
2) Sing one verse of the National Anthem.
3) Show the tester you can read music by being able to name the lines and spaces in the treble clef, and by clapping a simple rhythm.
4) Make a percussion instrument and, using it, compose a simple percussion accompaniment to a well-known song.
1995 Brownie Guide Badge Book - Musician Badge Stage 2
1) Sing two verses of the National Anthem.
2) Play two contrasting pieces.
3) Make a scrapbook about some aspect of music you really enjoy. Be prepared to discuss this book with the tester. You also may wish to include tapes and/or records.
4) Sing or play at sight simple music provided by the tester.
5) Show that you have used your musical skills for the enjoyment of others.
6) Sustain a second part (either alto or descant) to a tune of your own choice whilst the tester plays the melody.
1995 Brownie Guide Badge Book - Musician Badge Stage 3
1) Prepare a 15 minute musical programme to perform to the tester.
2) Take to the test a composition of about 16 bars in length written by yourself. Be prepared to perform it.
3) Discuss with the tester your playing (or singing) and composition. Consider your choice of repertoire and answer questions on style and expression.
4) Show that you continue to use your musical skills for the enjoyment of others on a regular basis.
5) Discuss with the tester some aspect of music which interests you. Illustrate your discussion with tapes, CDs or records.