1939 POR - Senior Athlete Badge
(Rangers taking this badge should produce evidence that they play games or swim at least one a week.)
1) Have an easy, upright carriage and be able to walk and run well.
2) Show proficiency in two of the following, and a knowledge of the rules, one to be taken from each group:
a) Rounders, tennis, cricket, badminton, stoolball, golf.
b) Hockey, lacrosse, netball (or basket ball), "Touch and Pass".
(N.B. - Swimming (30 yards in 24 secs, knowledge of two strokes, able to dive, may be substituted for any one game in Group a) or b).
3) Throw a cricket or rounders ball in good style 85 feet.
4) Jump 3 feet 4 inches in height with good style or run 100 yards in 13 seconds.
5) Skip (a) for one minute continuously; b) showing six steps accurately, not necessarily continuously.